I took a few steps today towards fixing my damaged solar panel mounting feet. I know, I know, you can't believe this is still a problem because I should've fixed them days ago. But I didn't put it off because I'm lazy, unambitious, and totally without motivation.... even though that was a big part of it. I put it off because the days have been too sunny.
Now I know that may not make any sense to some folks but if you've ever been on the roof of an RV in the desert sun you know its not only very hot but the sun glaring off of that white rubber roof is blinding to the point that regular sunglasses won't work, you have to have those glasses that you look at the solar eclipse with to keep from frying your eyeballs.
Since I didn't have any of those glasses I had to do the next best thing which was put it off until we had a cloudy day, and today was that day. Now waiting for a cloudy day in the desert can test the patience of a normal person but since I have a black belt in procrastination I had no problem at all waiting for the clouds.
The temperature was normal, low 70s, but at least the sun was partially obscured behind the clouds for parts of the day which gave me an opportunity to climb up on the roof and get a few things done.
I unscrewed the panel from the roof, removed the messed up mounting feet, screwed the new feet that I made to the panel, and partially screwed the new feet to the roof. I only put enough screws in them to hold them on the roof so they wouldn't blow off tonight if any wind comes up.
tomorrow morning before the sun gets up too high I'll try to find my Dicor self-leveling caulk and put a little bit under each foot, screw the foot to the roof and cover the foot with Dicor and I'll be done... In less I can think of a way to put it off for another week or two.