The weboost antenna is the black one. I plan on mounting it on a telescoping painter's pole just like my Wi-Fi antenna.
We all took a break today from working on the new house and decided to veg out for the entire day. And that gave me the opportunity to start installing my new weboost cell phone booster. I know it may sound odd but I consider doing little DIY projects on the Arctic Fox as fun and relaxing especially something like this that doesn't challenge my limited skills and knowledge.
I got it all hooked up and working but I still need to clean up the installation, shorten some wires and buy a telescoping painter's pole to mount the antenna on. I also had to put in a 12 V cigarette lighter type plug in the cabinet that I installed the booster in but if you already have one in the area it makes the booster installation much easier.
I can't say how long it actually took me to install it because I don't work steady, I'll do a little work and I'll stop and do something else, I'll work a little more then I'll eat lunch. So it's difficult to put the number of hours I work on any project that I do. But I can say that I started in the late morning and finished in the early afternoon but like I said before I've still got some odds and ends to clean up.
In this post I will only go so far as to say that the we boost is working, I'm not sure why but my Verizon signal where I'm at is kind of weak, but that's actually a good thing because the weboost will have the opportunity to show me what it can do.... If anything. I will fool around with it this afternoon and tomorrow morning and in my post tomorrow I will let you know how it works.
Fishing wires through the wall for the 12 V plug
New 12 V plug
Everything is installed and working but needs to be prettied up