Click the pics, and send my Cranes into Internet eternity.
Watching you. Sandhill Crane portraits.
It got windy late yesterday afternoon which, as usual, means there's a front coming through, so it looks like for the next ten days, it's going to be in the 50s for the daytime and 20s at night. But I will only be here at the Bosque until Sunday, and I have no idea after that.
The smart me, the one that's seldom in control, is saying; head South and get out of this chilly weather. But the usual me is saying, hang around the northern part of New Mexico and Arizona so you can get to the balloon rally on the first of December. And at this point, I don't know which one of those things makes sense.
I checked the Lake Havasu weather for the next ten days, and it looks like it's going to be in the high 60s during daytime and mid-40s at night, which sounds just about perfect. And considering Havasu is a desert with almost no humidity, those temperatures are pretty comfortable. So here's what I'm thinking; it's about 200 miles from Lake Havasu to Gallup, New Mexico. And since Lake Havasu is a place I enjoy being anyway. So maybe I could go there to kill a couple of weeks until the balloon rally, and it would only be a one-day drive to Gallup.
I don't know if that's what I'll do yet, because it's even warmer in Phoenix than Havasu, but Phoenix is about 280 miles to Gallup, so the trip from Havasu, instead of Phoenix, would save me some diesel fuel.
I guess I'll figure it out when the time comes. But, at least I have to decide between the two places I enjoy being, so I think my problems could be much worse.