The last few days my allergies have been bothering me and seemingly getting worse and worse and now it's settled into my chest, I'm coughing, my sinuses are a mess and I'm starting to feel like I'm going to get bronchitis.
Now the reason I'm mentioning this is it may impact my plans to go to Rocky Mountain national Park this week. At the moment I don't feel like going, but I may start feeling better or by Monday I may feel worse, right now I just don't know.
I would like to go because if I can't do it this week I'll have to wait till after the Labor Day holiday to try it again. If it wasn't for Labor Day coming up I could head up to the high country on Tuesday or Wednesday, when I might be feeling better, and stay for the weekend. But with one of the biggest travel holidays of the year next weekend I can't take a chance on finding a place to stay.
I recall one of the most miserable Elk hunts that I've ever been on was when I was just getting over a bout of bronchitis and we were going to be hunting the late-season, which was early December, and the high temperatures were supposed to be below freezing at about 10,000 feet where we were hunting. All the plans were made, the equipment was packed, and everybody was ready to go.... But me.
I went anyway against my better judgment and I was cold, miserable, and could hardly breathe the entire week. Naturally I was sicker when I got home than when I left and swore I would never be that stupid again.
Now this trip to Rocky Mountain national Park won't be anywhere near that bad, one thing is I won't be walking for miles carrying a rifle and a heavy pack for five or six days. But I will be at 11 and 12,000 feet which makes breathing a bit more difficult.
But anyway I'm going day by day to see if I'm getting better or worse and probably won't make up my mind until Monday morning.