It was car washing day today and the grandkids got to help.
I spent a little time today working on my little Beta's motorcycle seat. With winter travel rapidly approaching I need to get the Beta in tip top shape and ready for a winter of riding.
The reason my Beta seat project has been taking so long is because it's such a weird seat design that modifying it by putting more foam over the seat is complicated by the fact that the original foam slides over the gas tank and so the extra foam that I put over the seat, and the seat cover that I put over the new foam seemed to have no way of being attached other than being glued and the glue was not working too well.
So with time running out, and me almost out of ideas, in desperation I decided to attach the seat cover, and the new foam, to the old foam with small nuts and bolts. Yes its kind of weird putting foam together with nuts and bolts but as I mentioned....I'm desperate. And at this point I'm more concerned about the seat staying together than I am about looks so if nuts and bolts will work, then nuts and bolts it shall be.
They actually spent more time playing in the soapy water than actually washing the car. at least they won't have to wash their hands for a while.